Monday Night Combat
What is Monday Night Combat?
Monday Night Combat is a class-based shooter merged with elements of DotA-like games.
What platforms do people play on?
360 and PC
Is there a demo?
When do people play?
There is a Shackbattle every Wednesday night, at 10pm EST.
How do I find shackers playing and join in the Shackbattle?
The easiest way is to add ShackMNC to your Xbox Live friends, and then be playing Monday Night Combat Wednesday night, at 10pm EST. You can also view the friends of this gamertag to see who else in the shack community is playing.
There is also a googledocs spreadsheet of all the shackers playing:
Add your Gamertag Here: http://goo.gl/9fD8
Gamertag List: http://goo.gl/cuHl (Spreadsheet) http://goo.gl/vXWR (HTML)
Join the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shackmnc
Join one of the Shack servers (ask around for the password)
ShackNews ShackBattle 1
ShackNews ShackBattle 2
Changes made in the first title update: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3361
Changes made in the first DLC: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66226
Beta Updates 1-5: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5156
Beta Update 6: http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6591
Release Update 1: http://store.steampowered.com/news/4928/
Release Update 2: http://store.steampowered.com/news/4972/ Release Update 3: http://store.steampowered.com/news/5002/ Release Update 4: http://store.steampowered.com/news/5049/
Info and Tips
- There is a ton of useful information at the MNC wiki: http://mondaynightcombat.wikia.com/wiki/Monday_Night_Combat_Wiki
Monday Night Combat Media
- Post detailing the development of Monday Night Combat: http://uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4063&sid=1a2aaf6a7d8ee25405b0435005429588
- Interview with John Comes, Creative Directory at Uber Entertainment on the development of MNC: http://platformbiased.com/2010/11/05/its-monday-night-do-you-know-where-your-combat-is/ (starts around the 30 minute mark)
- Interview with Eka about the release of the Spunky Cola DLC: http://drinkingcoffeecola.blogspot.com/2010/12/interview-with-uber-entertainment-on.html
- Interview with Eka regarding PC development: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/15/monday-night-combat-devs-on-steam-pc-development-bacon/
- Excellent post by John Comes detailing the specifics of balancing the game for PC: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/1/24/
- Eka talking about working with Valve for the crossover TF2 items: http://kotaku.com/5746103/indie-games-character-exchanges-guaranteed-with-a-handshake
- Interview with Eka and Scathis on the PC Gamer US podcast: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/28/pc-gamer-us-podcast-257-squirrelgirl/ (starts around the 54 minute mark)
- Story/Interview showing just how awesome Uber is: http://simplethrift.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/252-good-egg-interview-with-mncs-chandana-ekanayake-chickey-cantor/
- Interview with John Comes on the Everyday Gamers podcast: http://everydaygamers.com/2011/02/11/edg-podcast-ep-97-uberized-interview-with-john-comes/ (interview starts at 54:22)
- Interview with John/Eka on the JustPressStart podcast primarily about platform specific tweaking: http://justpressstart.net/?p=474